Friday, January 14, 2011

A Good-bye Tribute

Hello everyone! Can I just say TGIF takes on a whole new meaning for me because tomorrow I get to move HOME! YAY!

Sorry for the MIA yesterday, I meant to say a little something after my dinner party with the colleagues but a few bottles of wine later and some much needed Sarah/Chelsea time equated to me sleeping on the floor on my memory foam mattress because I sold my bed yesterday. Ohh but it was so worth it.

I wanted to use today's post as a tribute to some very special people I've met here during my stint in Boise. As I mentioned in the other day's post, my dearest friend LT has made the past year bearable (sadly we did not find one another until our second semester). She has the most amazing heart and such a wonderful soul, she really did save me from many a bad days. She was the first and only person in Boise I trusted with my ED and she was fully on board when it came helping me every step of the way. We had many dinner dates together either at my home or her's so that I wouldn't have to eat (or not eat) alone. And days I wanted to spend all my time beating myself up either emotionally or physically on the elliptical trainer, she would bring back to reality and make me feel special. LT, you are such a wonderful person, you're friendship means the moon to me. I love you. (PS- I will get a picture of us before I leave!!)

Next are my colleagues who supported me the best they could in the situation we were all in. Keita, Brandon, and Josh, thank you for always having my back. When I felt alone and on an island, I could count on you guys to make sure I knew I wasn't alone.   So here's The Bird to you Brandon and Keita, and a hug to Josh.

The Vball girls... where do I start (wipe a tear). Thank you all for the most amazing experience over the past year and a half. All of you hold a very special place in my heart. Thank you!

Sarah and Andi, even though we were only together for a short time, I feel I have two VERY dear friends and loves for life.

Excuse me while I grab a Kleenex... Alright let's get back to soul searching veganism shall we?

So I have to confess, I have been kind of (ok...MAJORLY) on edge the past few days about the whole food thing. I feel like I'm trying to fight (YAY!) off the anxiety and disordered thoughts, but they are there and they are LOUD.  I know it has a lot to do with moving, saying good-bye, starting over (again) and the unknown before me. Before, I'd always turned to food to pacify my emotions and anxiety, but I really am trying to listen to what is actually going on, why I'm feeling what I'm feeling, and find a more healthy way to deal. How do you deal with anxiety or other emotions that are hard to handle?


So yesterday and today I opted for safe affairs only because it was better for me to go safe, ease the anxiety, and actually do something good for my body, rather than what could have happened (i.e. not eating).  So breakfast was a green juice with hemp protein. Lunch was a monstrous salad (spinach, chickpeas, kidney beans, peas, tomatoes, olives, beats and an avocado) with side of fresh blueberries.


Dinner is yet to be, the girls are coming over for Boxes and Wine. They're bringing the boxes, I'm supplying the wine, and we're going to party while packing me up for KC! Good-bye Boise, Hello KCMO!


No comments:

Post a Comment