Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tumble weeds on the roll... again...

Moving day! Happy happy happy day!
Simpson is not as excited about today as I am. Maybe he's thinking about the 19 drive ahead of us that I'm trying to not think about.

Last night I had a final horrah with some girl friends before I left. Thanks girls for helping me clean, pack, and drink a few more bottles of wine. I'll miss you all!

I started the day off with a a green juice and my hemp protein so that I could rock it out in the gym. I've been struggling a bit on the elliptical lately, I'm going to attribute it to stress and anxiety. Either way, a stellar workout sesh to get moving day started off on the right note.

I had a gift card to the Boise Co op with some mulla left on it, so I gleefully spent every last penny (and then some) on some very fun vegan treats! Check out the goods would ya...

Larabars, liquid aminos, almond butter, tahini, coconut oil & butter, 5 grain cereal, PB2, fresh Canadian grade B maple syrup, multi-grain hot cereal, egg replacer, red maca powder, and almond milk creamer (original & french vanilla). Did I score or what! I'm going to be a very happy vegan once I get to play with all this stuff!

*Again I apologize for the crappy pictures, once I'm back in KC I promise much better quality for you all to Ohh and Ahh over.

I had lunch with a very dear friend once last time before I left at Goldy's Breakfast Bistro, which again if you ever happen to stumble upon Boise (huh?) you must must must check this place out (try the mushroom frittata or the eggs benedict... ba-na-nas!). I opted for a more vegan friendly fair, a piping cup of soy chai tea (my favorite), a GIANT bowl of fresh local fruit and (AH BOO, safe!) Goldy's mile high veggie salad - I got a little nervous ordering because I'm going to be stuck in a car for 20 hours so before I knew it "salad" came out of my mouth, dang. Safe or not, I have to give it them, fruit cupping to those at Goldy's is an art form. Isn't this thing beautiful!

After lunch, I picked up the Train (YAY!) from the airport and we had to feed him and the tape worm that seems to reside within him - man that boy can EAT! After his belly was satisfied, we rushed to the apartment so that he could finally meet his new son.

Aren't they CUTE!

Once they became acquainted we started to haul everything down to and within hours we were out the door. Good-bye Boise!

So here is what I'm getting a little nervous about. As excited as I am to be back home, I'm a little anxious of all the things that are going to take place, moving into a new place with the Train, finding a new job (hopefully), keeping up in the gym, and staying true to my new vegan ways. It's not that my family isn't supportive, but they seem to not always have my back when it comes to my lifestyle choices or make it easy for me. Granted I haven't given them too many reasons to take my side when it come to food and eating, but I'm finally finding a happy place when it comes to food thanks to becoming a vegan. How do you find the strength when it doesn't seem like those around you support you? Where else do you find support for your challenges? How do you stay true to you?


I'm hoping to get a post in while we're on the road, but getting the Z man to stop for reason other than letting me pee (every hour on the hour it seems) is kind of a challenge. I'm sure once I tell him its for all of you to enjoy the move and views along with us, maybe he'll give me 10 minutes to snap a picture here and there. So the next time you hear from me I'll officially be a Kansas Citian... KCMO-inite... a Missourian... whatever you want to call it, I'm calling it home!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck sis. I hope you finally find time to relax and enjoy everything. Gambitte on the job hunting and know I love ya freak!

    ReplyDelete