Wednesday, January 12, 2011

If you chocolate.... I will come :)

Today was just full of indulgences...

I started the day off by indulging myself in an extra hour of glorious, warm, and soothing sleep (in other words, it was too darned cold in my apartment to get out of bed when the alarm when off, and Simpson and I were just too cozy together).

Once I peeled the blankets off the bed and was able to burrito myself in them, I contemplated what to have for breakfast. I wasn't super hungry this morning, but I needed something because I was heading to the gym for a dance with the elliptical trainer. So I indulged in a store-bought juice, which I rarely buy because why buy what I can create myself, along with a Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein Powder shaken (not stirred... sorry cheezy) in with it. For those of you who haven't tried hemp protein, I challenge you to, it is a great way to get some much needed protein (let's rev up the metabolism eh).

After my hour long sweat (puddles of sweat) session, I quickly jet home to take a swim in my shower, grabbed my computer and zipped out the door for lunch at the most wonderfully fantastically delicious vegan/vegetarian restaurant and tea house in Boise (where the heck is that?) called Shangri-La Tea. If you are ever in the Boise (where?) area, which I doubt many of you will ever be, you MUST look up this place... food-gasm. Ok, back to my point. I have to apologize ahead of time... I really meant to take pictures for all you to admire and bask in all the delicious glory... but I basked in the delicious glory of my Vegan Corn (might I mention NOT safe) Chowder and Asian Rainbow Salad with sesame-ginger-lime dressing a little too quickly and ate it all up before a single flash could take place. I seriously shoveled this amazing food into my mouth. But fear not, I did take a picture of this...

Meet Chocolate-Cup-O-Nirvana.

My family and friends, and those who know me at all, know I am a licensed and certified chocoholic, no joke (Hi, my name is Chelsea and I'm a chocoholic... Hi Chelsea). So when I saw the Power Pudding made with raw cacao, avocados, raw coconut butter, maca, goji berries and dates served with blueberries and walnuts, a tingling sensation started in toes and radiated into my stomach. I knew I was going to be having this for dessert, even though I wanted to say to hell with chowder give me the power! Literally, the heavens parted and God said to me "Did I do good or what huh?" Yes God, you done good!

Are those lick marks? Don't worry, I refrained and remained lady like although the five year old inside me was kicking and screaming for more...

After I finished my two pots (yes pots) of the house chai tea, I literally had to waddle myself out to my car. Major food baby, a nice healthy developed food baby.

While I waited for my dinner date with my love LT, I continued to clean and pack and clean and pack UGH! I also waited for some people to stop by and look at some of our things we're trying to sell on Craigslist. Anyone need a loveseat?

Dinner consisted of a table for two, my dearest friend LT, and mounds and mounds of toe-tingling, hair-on-the-back-of-your-neck-standing, drool worthy vegetarian and vegan bliss at again Shangri-La Tea (hey I have to get as much of it in before I leave for good!).

LT ordered the falaful sandwich, which looked devine,
while I opted for the tabouli salad,

and wild mushroom miso soup.
Yum-E-Yum-Yum!    

And of course we could not leave with out just one more indulgence... behold...
A chocolate lover's dream, layers of decadent vegan chocolate cream sandwiching a piece of luscious vegan chocolate cake... how do they do it? Mind.Blow.Ing! (we couldn't wait for the picture we both HAD to try it)

All in all, this day was as decadent as ever and I feel like I'm floating on puffy clouds of chocolate bliss. I'm pretty proud of myself for TWO desserts today, and eating out TWO times in ONE day (definitely a big deal for me). The soup and salad may have been a smidge safe, but I feel on top of a mountain...a big sweet chocolatey mountain.


2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very delighthful day. But is that desert as wonderful as the 'little pot of heaven' you introduced me to? Really interested in trying the vegan version of it.

    ReplyDelete